View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 05:18 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
no more ebay on fire tablets

ebay mailed me to say stop using the out of dateversion of their app it will stop working soon, you need v5 .
I contacted amazon re that, pointed out their app store version had not updated since 2014, asked what their proposed solution is, and did they really expect me to have to allow apps from unknown sources as a workaround)

( actually I have google store installed with the up do date version but that's by the by ).

i wanted to see what the amazon party line would be:

amazons response, (abbreviated) was we don't have contracts in place to allow us to update the ebay app. it will not be updated. it will be allowed to fail. go sideload it
stupid corporate spat ?? you'd think ebay would prefer to have folks install on amazon devices from a legit amazon app store and not to sideload possible dodgy versions, but apparently not
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote