View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 12:43 PM   #1161
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Hi!

I just had a problem where I downloaded a free Kindle book and then went to look for where it downloaded onto my PC. I found the Owner/my documents/my kindle content directory and it's not there.

For background, I admit to being behind in updating my Calibre as the old version I have been using has worked well for me. My Kindle for PC also is an old version though I can't find which version it is as the darned program will no longer open! No matter where I click... the link on the Amazon page where I just downloaded the book, the link on the desktop or the exe file in the directory where the program's files are.

Here are my questions:

1) If I download the newest version of Kindle PC, will I have problems with DeDRM?

2) If I update my Calibre and get the newest version of DeDrm, will I be able to convert the Amazon books to .epub so I can load them into my preferred reader?

I just tried accessing the ebook on my phone's Kindle and it's there. Does that mean it's actually downloaded onto my phone or is my phone's Kindle just accessing the book from Kindle's cloud or something like that?

My phone is an iPhone X Max. Would it be possible to find where the ebook has been downloaded on it and then to email the file to my PC then use the updated version of Calibre with the most updated version of DeDrm to convert it to epub ..... or........

Where can I find a reliable version of Kindle 1.17 to reinstall on my PC.... yes, I had auto update turned off.

I hope you all can make heads or tails of my convoluted thinking and questions. I just want to get back to being able to download the free books on kindle and convert them into epub so I can read them in my preferred ereader.

Thank you,
Shykat
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote