View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 08:20 PM   #14
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I plan to upgrade from Calibre 3.48 to 5.38 soon. I'm doing some testing now to make sure no surprises will pop up for me.

Does anyone here use "Calibre-Web" as their web presence for Calibre? Is it compatible with the new format of the Calibre database (this new format is something I just learned about while reading this thread) ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
Do note that Calibre 5 Libraries are not backwards compatible to 3. BACKUP (metadata.db)
Note that "Calibre-Web" is NOT the built-in Calibre web server. This is a third party software that reads the Calibre database. I use Calibre-Web because I like the interface it provides better than the native Calibre server. My choice here may change when I do more testing of Calibre 5.38. Could be that this newer version of Calibre has a web interface that is better suited to my needs than the old one in 3.48. But for now, I'm planning on continuing to use Calibre-Web. I will do my own testing, but if there are known incompatibilities it would be good to know that up front.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote