View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #6
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony:PRS-350, Kobo:Aura6"/H2O/GloHD/KA1/ClaraHD/Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by timd.mackey View Post
I made some changes to the rules that you referenced, and I realized I may not have been clear about what I'm trying to change (or I'm doing something wrong!)

Editing the css for #message appears to change the text used in the overlay status bar (which alternates between showing the time, the percetage read, and the book title). I'm actually trying to change the Book Title that shows at the top of the epub/kepub page when the overlay is not active (Pocket articles as well, assuming those are controlled by the same styling).
Yes, I believe I understood what you're trying to do. However, I'll re-phrase what I already tried to say in my previous post ...

If you change 3 CSS attributes (color/text-transform/font-family) in #message, all 3 changes will display in the status header top-left text (Time/%-read/My Books, Home etc). However, when reading a kepub, only 2 of these CSS changes (color/text-transform) will show in the kepub book title header. Unfortunately, any change you make to font-family seems to get overridden - presumably by the kepub reading app itself - because the font used is always that which you have chosen, from the Aa font icon pop-up, to read the kepub. It's easy to confirm this by watching the kepub book title header as you change fonts on the Kobo. I don't know of any way around this in the current firmware 4.5.9587. I used to be able to get it to work as you want it in a fairly recent firmware (before the new-style Home Screen was introduced) by editing a different nickel CSS stream but that method doesn't seem to work anymore. The method I posted is the closest I can find at present. I'm happy to be proved wrong, though.

As for epub and Pocket header text ... epubs don't have a book title header and I don't use Pocket so can't comment about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timd.mackey View Post
So far I've just been using trial and error, changing css rules, restarting my kobo and seeing what's changed. Is there an easier way to go about this.
No, trial & error and shared experiences from like-minded tinkerers is all there is. Welcome to the club
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote