View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #9
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I prefer Ebooks. I still read p-books ,but the fact of the matter is, pbooks take up space, they aren't environmentally friendly, and they tend to be one time reads in most cases. I've started using my library heavily for the books I want to read that aren't in ebook form, as well as donating my old books to them, and donating money to them to buy books.

For me, the phrase that "books furnish a room" is an accurate phrase, but it does depend on what kind of book you have. My grandmother reads Harelquin type romance novels. She has a room in her house that contains thousands of these things. These books weigh about half a pound each. She has 5000 of them. She literally has a ton of romance novels. She'd like to do other things, but can't. Libraries won't take that volume of books from her, and she doesn't want to just throw them all away, and somewhere in there she's got some she likes.

So, I showed her the reader. And she squealed. Literally, squealed. Now she wants one and sees the future as going that way. And more importantly, she's tech savvy, so she can save her books on computer and not clutter up a Reader with finished books.

All in all, P-books are great. They're wonderful. And I go to them when I need to. But I live in a small condo, and I already have around 2000 books myself , many of which I read once and that do not justify the space they take up.

So as we go forward, I'll favor Ebooks over pbooks, simply because I have a lot of clutter in my life, and the less of it I have, the better.
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote