View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:16 AM   #8
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolehughes View Post
Tamings quote: Carole, I am a bit surprised that you have had this constant trouble, after all, you have been a MR member for over a year, and this is only your 14th post.
(sorry Im 67 years old and have no idea how to put a quote in.

Taming, I read the posts others put here when i have the same problem as they do and have had help that way, I am sorry I dont understand the 14th post comment, isnt that attitude .

My post showed my frustration with the product. I own 2 kobos a touch and the original the advertising for the kobos shows easy, just plug it in, I have plugged it in, and ive unplugged it as per instructions using the "remove hardware" icon. When I get problems I look in this site to read what others have said about the latest problem, I try to understand it. Im not sure how many problems in total people have had with Kobo but Ive had my share of them.

I also am not someone that can understand a lot of the computer talk on here but eventually i have figured it out enough to help myself. Today I got another problem, I gather because I said Im tossing them? with a lol? I get you two on my case? Im glad you havent had any problems you are very fortunate.
You're only as old as you feel.. (^_^)

Taming's 14th post comment is in regard to the number of "posts:" shown to the left of your message body. (which I notice now doesn't show up when you are writing a reply).

The problems most people encounter with their Kobo Touches as far as I can figure is that the database on the device becomes corrupted. This can happen in any number of strange ways but the primary cause appears to be multiple applications on the computer grabbing access to the Kobo Device filesystem. In my case my computer tends to open up a file explorer window when I plug in my Touch so I make sure I have NO applications open when I do. If I need to use the Kobo Desktop, I start it AFTER I close the File Explorer windows. In my experience between the File Explorer, Kobo Desktop, Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions, each should never be active when any of the others are active. Close one application before you start one of the others if you need to use them.. You do not have to eject between them. Just eject before you disconnect the USB cable.

I hope that wasn't too complicated to follow.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote