View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #12
waingateman
waingateman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Hi All

Having now purchased 10 books for my 2 x Kindle 2 International whilst in UK and France, this appears to be the way it works.

EU countries get charged US price plus $1.99 wireless charge plus 15% VAT (amazon US do not have to charge different VAT rates for each EU country they can register in one EU country typically one with lowest VAT rate and just charge that).

It would appear that you can then wirelessly download each book multiple time (don't know whether there is a limit but I have download 1 book 5 times to try this out) for the $1.99 plus VAT charge.

So delivery is not free, including if you download to your computer as amazon US use your browsers country detection to check if you are in the country you say you are.

I've also been to Germany (I Live on the French, German, Switzerland border) and get the same pricing as France/UK

I have tried using a US address in My Kindle, which allows me to see the US pricing but when you come to buy it does not allow you to complete the transaction as the browser shows a different country - unless someone knows how to fool this we will all be charged the $1.99 charge whether we use wireless delivery or computer download.
waingateman is offline   Reply With Quote