View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmorgh View Post
Hi!

I have some problems with "eastern europe" characters displayed in mobi format.

I have a PDF with "eastern europe" letters (ČŽŠ). if i open pdf on my cybook there is no problem with this letters. If i convert pdf to mobi all those letters are replaced with some strange symbols (both on PC and on cybook). I am using Mobipocket Creator publisher edition v4.2 build41.

tnx for any help!
I'm not sure how the Creator works in transforming the PDF, but I assume it converts it into a HTML format. And special characters (those include those letters you mention) aren't part of the standard doctype. Those must be written down differently (using the HTML code).

I know the reason why it shows those different characters, but can't put it into words ... (it has to do with unicode, multiple bytes per character, etc)

You could use calibre to create HTML files from your PRC files and fix those letters yourself ad make a new mobi file.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote