View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #22698
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Why's that a shudder? Are the translations not very good, or is it something inherent in the Dutch language? I know, through living in South Africa, that Afrikaans (based on the Dutch language) never moved on from the days of the early Dutch settlers, and makes Dutch visitors laugh when they read the Afrikaans newspapers, but I thought modern Dutch had developed.

An I'd like to add my best wishes to covingtoncat - good luck!
You might be right...
Their legal system is still based on the Roman codex iuris civilis - not really much of innovative spirit it seems.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote