View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #21
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
1) If (when) I install this, it will prevent Amazon from doing an auto-update without my permission so I can take it out of airplane mode and actually use the wifi feature?
Yes, exactly.

Quote:
2) If I wish to do an MR update, I can put back into airplane mode, disable this hack, add the MR update bin to the appropriate location and then do a menu>settings>update your kindle, then resart this hack? If Amazon has downloaded an update previously that did not run, do I need to delete it before doing an MR update?
You shouldn't ever need to disable this hack, it doesn't stop you from installing anything manually ("Update Your Kindle").
The only exception is when an incremental update needs to patch the file /etc/updater.conf - such update would fail with an error. Only then you would need to uninstall the hack or deactivate it with KUAL.
You would also need to reinstall/reactivate the hack after installing a full update (the huge one).

Quote:
3) If Amazon has pushed an update that this hack prevented from installing and I want it, I just do a menu>settings>update your kindle?
Yes, exactly.

Last edited by dsmid; 02-15-2013 at 01:42 AM.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote