View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #220
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
The Modern UI is great and Microsoft did a wonderful job. If mobile computing is the future, then you have to admit that touch is the future....and Windows 8 and RT have awesome touch interfaces. The professional reviewers have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and are just used to hating Microsoft. When Microsoft actually does something better than or different from Apple, they get confused. I think the iPhone is great but I wouldn't want the same OS on a tablet.

There are so many of these reviewers who are "confused" by the Surface and Windows 8 or they believe "regular" consumers will be "confused". Admit that they are only confused because MSFT did something unexpected, innovative, and different, and ultimately better than Apple and Google.

MSFT had to require the Modern UI and get rid of the start menu in order to jump start the Modern UI app market. I have used the Modern UI with a mouse and the experience is fine...no negatives, despite a little bit of learning involved. Instead of a vertical list of icons you have a horizontal arrangment of live tiles. You can easily get to the list of icons also if you want it.
Those idiots have to write something to justify the big checks they get from the iMaker. How stupid do these reviewers think the average user must be not to get the hang of the new interface? And the search function is phenomenal, much easier to get to every hidden function than ever before. Even unusual functions like connecting via SSTP protocol are right there. My guess is that for most people Surface would be a wonderful laptop substitute. And as for entertainment, even Hulu and Slingplayer work for free. Yes, not for everybody -- but much better than iOS or Android if you use it for both work and play. And easy to use it definitely is. Would I like to have the choice of more apps --- of course. Now, if this thing had a full range of apps then the competition would be dead.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote