View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #165
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post

P.P.S. This is one of those posts where I'm not sure I'm right. Maybe Vista was worse than I think. But I did use it for 4 years at home, while using, and programming for, XP in my office, and I like Vista better.
I constantly wonder this myself. I have two Vista machines. One is the office computer running Vista Home Premium and the other is my favorite 11" laptop, which is running Vista Basic. My desktop is running 7 and my Duo is running 8. Obviously I haven't had 8 long, but of the others, I can't point to any of them and say, "That's a troublesome OS." I've just not had any real issues with any of them, including Vista. I was more than happy to move on from XP. Vista was faster and (for me) worked properly. No complaints.

But at the same time, I do know people who were plagued with problems with Vista. I'd be tempted to chalk it up to just me being good navigating and working with Win OSes and thus less likely to have problems, but some of the people who suffered Vista issues are also skilled in that regard, so that can't be all of it.

I don't know. I've been hearing from almost day one that "Vista sucks" but haven't experienced that. Yet I have to acknowledge that for some people, Vista does indeed suck. 'Tis a mystery that may never be solved.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote