View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
Not sure which forum to post on,
I have many many metadata files in my Calibre folder. Do they all need to be there? Should I delete old ones and keep only the newer ones?
If you are asking this question (good, you did), you don't know enough about the structure of Calibre to be able to work inside the Library without causing problems.

1)Treat your Library as a 'Black Box'. Everything a standard user needs can and SHOULD be done via the GUI (CLI).

2)If you follow rule #1 there is no OLD metadata. Each title has a backup of the data shown in the GUI for that title.

If you have been breaking Rule #1, you need to run the Library Maintenance NOW and fix the things (reported) before it gets worse
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote