View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #89
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I'd say a better comparison would be with the Galaxy Tab 7.7"...

http://www.samsung.com/my/consumer/m...800LSAXME-spec

Galaxy Tab 7.7 = iPad mini

Display -- 7.7" vs 7.9"
Widescreen vs 4:3 -- depends on user preference
Battery -- 10 hrs vs 10 hrs
Body - both have aluminium bodies
Thickness -- 7.89 mm vs 7.2 mm (maybe should go to the iPad but the difference is less than three quarters of a mm, and I think on balance that these would feel the same, and giving it to the iPad would raise as many eyebrows as calling it a tie)

Galaxy Tab 7.7 beats iPad mini

Resolution -- 197 ppi vs 163 ppi
Pixels -- 1280 x 800 vs 1024 x 768
Processor -- 1.4 GHz dual-core vs 1 GHz dual-core
RAM -- 1 GB vs 512 MB
mSD -- yes vs no
GPS -- yes vs no
Audio -- dual speakers vs one speaker
Front Cam -- 2 MP vs 1.2 MP

iPad mini beats Galaxy Tab 7.7

Weight -- 308 g vs 340 g
Rear Cam -- 5.0 MP vs 3.0 MP
Price -- £269 for the mini in the UK (16 GB) vs anything from £259 up to ridiculous for the 7.7 - but I'm generally seeing the price of the Samsung as more expensive than the iPad mini. This might be down to lack of stock - in some places the 32 GB version is cheaper!

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 10-24-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: realised I'd missed pixels, which are not unimportant!
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote