View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #71
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It's actually very simple. You need this free app: NFC tasker

And obviously you have to buy some NFC tags (they cost about $1 each in bulk). I got mine from here: Tags for Droid

If you want to have access to every single thing your phone can do, then I would recommend you also get Tasker, though this is a paid app (well worth the money).

Tags can work in 2 ways, as a "one shot", where they do 1 task only, or as a toggle, they have 2 tasks that they run in succession (for instance, when leaving home, and when getting back home).

With NFC Tasker, you simply select a set of tasks you want to perform when you tap the tag, and then write these tasks to the tag. After that, you simply tap the tag with the back of your phone (actually, no need to physically touch it, it works at about 10mm distance), and the programmed tasks are executed on your phone.

Some sample things I do with tags: The toggle is extremely useful, I have one at home so when I leave it turns off WiFi, turns up the volume and sets some other settings; when I come back home, it basically reverts those changes on the 2nd tap. The same in the car, to turn on GPS and the nav app, and the 2nd tap to turn off GPS. You can also program a tag to have your friends associate their phones to your WiFi access point at home, they don't need to enter the password manually - they tap your tag, it turns WiFi on and associates with your router. I also have one that turns on WiFi hot-spot on my phone and pairs to my NookColor, so I can browser on the Nook while on the go - all with a simple tap.

Here's a sample video on youtube, you can find plenty more.
Maybe I'm just not mainstream enough, but that all sounds cool as #$%&.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote