View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The handwriting is on the wall for any stores that carry products that are easily shopped online, or who don't optimize the personal experience to encourage people to come in.

For myself, I'd never enjoyed "the thrill of the hunt" in bookstores; more often than not, I left empty-handed and unsatisfied, either because I didn't find anything interesting, or I was unhappy with the state of what I found (hardbacks, oversized trades, crazy pricing, etc). A great deal of my shopping is done online now, and generally I don't mind one bit, unless the product is the rare one that I'd rather see or try out in person.

If you actually enjoyed your bookstore experiences, it's a shame that that is changing for you. But at least you have another way to get your books. Those of us who don't have good in-store experiences (or lost them due to closing bookstores), and buy online or with our readers, have a better experience now.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote