View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I feel about bookstores the way some Republicans feel about the Republican party: I didn't leave them, they left me.

25 or so years ago, when my husband and I got married, our wedding gift to each other was a spree in the big Borders store in downtown Ann Arbor. As I recall, we each left with several hundred dollars in books - a lot of them non-fiction titles we saw from scanning the science or technology shelves.

There's a big 2-story B&N near me, I've only been in a couple of times. There's shelves and shelves of *stuff*, and lots of YA paranormals, but not a lot of books that might be interesting to me. The last time I was in the B&N, there were three tables of 50 Shades books, and tables of the latest best sellers, but nothing that looked particularly interesting to me. The political books were all the big-name conservative pundits - in Ann Arbor, of all places. I left with a thermal travel mug, and no books. I truly can't remember the last time I bought a book in a book store.

I have over 100 unread books on my kindle. The next book is only one good review and a couple of clicks away for me. I don't need to drive 25 miles to browse in a store, only to be disappointed yet again.
Actually, more applicable to Democrats.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote