View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
True, but there are both positive and negative attributes that are associated with that attention-getting. I know some saw there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I'm not sure I agree 100%.
It's not a perfect "attention equals sales" proposition; but data indicates that sex sells, and the promo is sexy.

When I looked at it, I also had to google Katie Price, having no clue who she was. Why did I do it? Because she's a sexy babe... what do you think? Once I knew, I did not get an urge to buy her book, but then I don't read romance novels, so I'm not her target audience. So sex doesn't sell everything, especially to those who have no interest in the product (and know that buying it isn't going to get them any points--if you get my drift--elsewhere).

But the ad managed to get people's attention, and therefore many people who didn't previously know Katie Price (like me) know her now, and can potentially become part of the promotional machine that convinces others to buy the book or buy the books as gifts. And as long as she makes more in sales than she spent setting up the promo, she comes out ahead.

As I said: The ad's job is done.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote