Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
She also based her main male character in the Outlander books on a mashup of her favourite actor and the character he played on Doctor Who. The irony, it tickles!

(ETA: I should warn for minor spoilers for a character outcome in that link above. But not a particularly important one, and something you might want to know about if you are sensitive to certain kinds of violence in your reading.)

And in unrelated "author stunts I don't care for", she went and promoted her own son's book as though it were coming from a totally brand-new mega-talented writer whom she came across fortuitously and her readers all should go out and try rather than disclosing their mother-son relationship.

Plus, there's her mildly problematic "understanding" of how plagiarism actually works.

This would not actually keep me from trying her books for the lulz, but it would certainly keep me from paying for them with anything more personal than the usual public library subsidy from my taxes and booksale purchases/overdue fines, much less mentioning or suggesting them for others to read without the aforementioned caveats.

Last edited by ATDrake; 01-28-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Minor not-really-spoilers for the more sensitive viewers in the audience.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote