View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #32
krishvr
krishvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishvr View Post
I followed all the steps. I could get the parthiban kanavu book with the text displaying in tamil name adjacent to it. However, when i load the book, jumbled characters are displayed. Kindle 2nd generation doesnt provide option to change the typeface. When i use Aa key in the keyboard, i can only change font size, orientation but not typeface. Is there anyway, i can set typeface to regular in Kindle 2nd generation key board device?
Update from my end.

Finally, i figured out, how to make this working in kindle 2nd generation international edition.

1. After following all the steps, i still had the problem of seeing the title in tamil text and content inside the book in jumbled characters.
2. I suspected something wrong with serif_regular font. Since the title was showing properly, i copied the serif_bold font as serif_regular and removed the existing one from linkfonts/fonts folder. After a framework restart using reboot file, i could start reading the tamil document attached in the beginning of the thread. I believe this is the hack for the 2nd gen device as there is no option to set the typeface to regular.
krishvr is offline   Reply With Quote