View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #27
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseKR View Post
This is not abuse
Its not abuse in that you deliberately start smacking your Kindle but this is normally not covered under the warranty and people have had requests for a replacement refused. From what I've seen so far though, Amazon appear to be very lenient with Kindle 3 replacements so long as it doesn't show signs of obvious abuse e.g. big boot print. This may and probably will change in the future however.

Something hit or pressed on the screen. This isn't a manufacturing defect as those look completely different. The diagonal line you can see is a sign of the glass layer being cracked due to impact/pressure. I've never heard of an eInk screen cracking by itself without any external influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseKR View Post
If I suspect that the device doesn't work as advertised or led to believe I may have received a defective unit, I most definitely report it to customer service--that's what they're there for.
Meh. I don't see the problem here. If Amazon decide to be stricter on replacements or more lenient on replacements then thats their own business. Something hit your screen in your bag. You talked to Amazon CS and I'm sure they'd ask you what the symptoms were and what the screen looked like. Amazon are willing to replace it even though it does seem like it wouldn't be covered under the normal warranty.

You get a working Kindle and Amazon gets a happy customer. Everybody wins.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote