View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
I really can't speak for the Astak site and technicians working on it right now. It is of course incredibly negative and counter-intuitive for a company to close their eBook sector for repairs, but fortunately, these changes will be short lived and result in an improvement to the site's presentation. I was informed by my boss that Buy.com will carry and sell the brand new 6", and I will create a new thread to direct you there.

To be honest, I almost exclusively work on, represent, and interact with customers regarding the eBookstore. That is why I am constantly having to 'ask the office' when you all ask questions, and often get technical or FW details incorrect. The eBookstore is my area of expertise here, so I can say that the revamped store will look incredible.

The new site has great navigation for book browsing, a better looking layout than even Kobo's, and tons of fun features to come. More staff reviews, interviews, and book recommendations are on the way. The new site is going to be mind-blowing, trust me. I have been personally working on the development every day. The EZ Read Team are more than busy.

As far as prices, we already know. We beat the prices on Books on Board in shocking numbers, but Amazon is still hurting us. The publishing industry, I can promise, is really complex and back-stabby at the moment. We are negotiating to try and work directly with publishers and bypass our pricey wholesaler, who is essentially charging us paperback prices for eBooks.

However, I'd still pick our indie selection over Amazon's any day.

Anyways, price is an issue, our current Astak site issues are an issue, and our old eBookstore is an issue. Luckily, all of these issues are being handled right now, as I type. We just don't have the army of Amazon engineers at hand, and it takes longer than the speed-of-light Big Corporations.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote