View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Burroughs, Edgar Rice: Barsoom Omnibus. v4, 12 Apr 2012

A bit of light-hearted relief from the serious stuff, here's Edgar Rice Burroughs' complete "Barsoom" series, in one (very long!) book:

1. A Princess of Mars
2. The Gods of Mars
3. The Warlord of Mars
4. Thuvia, Maid of Mars
5. The Chessmen of Mars
6. The Master Mind of Mars
7. A Fighting Man of Mars
8. Swords of Mars
9. Synthetic Men of Mars
10. Llana of Gathol
11. John Carter of Mars

Just in case anyone isn't familiar with it, the "Barsoom" series is the architypal "boys' own adventure" type stories, set on (a fantasic) planet Mars, with muscle-bound heroes, princesses to be rescued from fates worse than death, wierd monsters, etc etc. It's true to say that "Star Wars" would never have existed without "Barsoom".

I've done this along the same lines as my previous "Complete Sherlock Holmes" book; there's a book index at the start, and selecting a book takes you to a contents page for that book.

I naively thought this would be quick to produce, but I've just finished it after a 12h "marathon". Many of the PG sources (especially for the later books in the series) are extremely poorly formatted, and needed a great deal of work to make them look reasonable.

Enjoy!

EDIT: 8 Jan 08

Completely recreated the book with improved formatting. Now a proper MobiPocket book with full-sized pictures, library information, etc. Uploaded v2.

EDIT: 29 Jul 09

Replaced books 2-4 in the series with improved versions from PG. Added an improved cover. Changed the name from "Barsoom Collection" to "Barsoom Omnibus" to be consistent with my other omnibus editions. Uploaded v3.

EDIT: 12 Apr 12

Completely reformatted and thoroughly proofed against printed versions of all 11 of the books that comprise the omnibus. Goodness knows how many thousand errors corrected, and a considerable amount of text added which was previously missing. I would now regard this as a finished product; if you find any errors, no matter how small, please let me know so that they can be corrected. Uploaded v4.

Previous download count: 1312
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Barsoom Omnibus.mobi (3.39 MB, 1243 views)

Last edited by HarryT; 04-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote