View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
ExaltedWombat:

Weren't you one of the folks exhorting for this "save it in whatever bad state it's in" change in the first place, or am I misremembering?

I thought it was a bad idea when I heard it, and I still do. I love much about 7, but not that ecstatic about this bit.

Frankly, I miss the PSO'D (the Pink Screen Of Death). It was a FABULOUS training tool for the habit of saving often. Worked a treat on my newbs. Now they can get away with saving malformed code, which, from my perspective, is not great. I understand the arguments; I just think that this strays dangerously close to "why bother to have an ePUB editor if it's going to act like any old HTML editor, which won't care if your code is crap, either?"

/cranky. I know that the guys can't keep everyone happy. I got a lot in the last two releases that I really love--and Preview rocks--so I'll stop whinging about this one, but...I wish it wasn't in here.

Hitch
But I think that in order to save code that could possibly not be valid, there should be a separate option for that and when that is used, a dialog pops up asking if you are sure you want to do this. I can see the need for this when you don't have the time to fix the code.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote