View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpa View Post
hello,

Do you know anyone how to calibrate touch screen on Kindle Touch ? I have one with shifted about 2cm to right, so if i want to touch to button i must touch to 2cm left from button. I did not found in diags. Maybe there is some app can be run from ssh. Thank you.
The touchscreen is infrared, from a ring of LEDs and photodiodes behind the black bezel edge next to the eink screen. It may be sensitive to dust or lint blocking part of the light path at the bezel, causing a false touch. The kindle framework returns the midpoint between two touch positions, so a false touch 4 cm away from your finger could look like a 2 cm shift of position. Try cleaning the black bezel edge.

Also, if you have a second finger near the screen, it can cause a second touch that moves the reported position to midway between your two fingers. Be sure to keep other fingers well away from the screen.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-06-2012 at 05:18 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote