View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwemheuer View Post
Hi,

I am testing the demo version prior to buy the fully featured version.
But the companion is not connecting.

The server is running (192.168.10.7:8080). I can access the server via
browser. The client is on my wlan, which uses a routed network
192.168.26.0/24 (Client on 192.168.26.98). I check the network with
"wireshark" and I can see, that the client sets up a connection and
terminates the connection without any data transfer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Karsten Wemheuer
Have you gone through our FAQ on connecting to calibre?

What you describe sounds like the antivirus or the firewall on the calibre computer is blocking CC's connection. The reason that CC would terminate the connection is that calibre does not send any data, or that the connection was never actually made. Also, if there is a router between the device running CC and the calibre server then you must enter the calibre IP address and port into CC. The auto connection won't work.

When you say that you can access the server using a browser, on what computer are you running that browser? My guess is that it isn't the device running CC.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote