View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #49
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwdoo View Post
The system requirements for 10 will likely be less than for 7. Windows 8.x already runs more efficiently than 7. If your machine runs 7 well it should run 10 just fine if not better.
Look, brass tacks: it is a laptop from late 2009 that just doesn't have the chops to run satisfactorily at this point. Primarily because my expectations for what "runs well" means has changed, but also because it is just aging hardware. Much of the hardware stopped receiving driver updates years ago, even from the reference provider or manufacturers.

I'd rather purchase a new machine for Windows 10. The preview builds that they have released thus far for 10 (yes, I know that pre-release code may be missing a lot of optimization, so don't tell me) run like absolute butt on it, but it is the only Windows machine that I have at this point, so I keep it around for testing purposes.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote