View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #1073
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Each of us is different and the Paleo diet (I know, stupid name) suits me very well. I do not need to count calories, I do not need to be hungry, I do not need to eat food that I dislike just because it fits a diet. After being on Paleo diet for about 4 + years my eating habits and tastes have changed and it is even easier now to stick to healthy eating.
I follow a similar way of eating to the Paleo Diet where I restrict carbohydrates in all forms (sugars, breads, pasta, potatoes, some vegetables, some fruit, etc.).

Back in 2008 and 2009, I went from 248 lb. down to 190 lb., but then started allowing myself the occasional carb-rich treat here and there. Doing that too many times, especially over a long Summer vacation this year pushed me back over 200 lb. I'm back to my normal way of eating and was 196.8 lb. this morning. I still have a way to go, but I know I can get there if I stay disciplined.

Like kacir mentioned, a low-carb diet works well for me without being hungry or counting calories.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote