View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
Ford, Ford Madox: Parade's End (Tetralogy). V2. 27 Mar 2014

Parade's End (Tetralogy)
by Ford Madox Ford (1924 thru 1928)

Ford Madox Ford (17 December 1873 – 26 June 1939), born Ford Hermann Hueffer was an English novelist, poet, critic and editor whose journals, The English Review and The Transatlantic Review, were instrumental in the development of early 20th-century English literature. He is now best remembered for The Good Soldier (1915), the Parade's End tetralogy (1924–28) and The Fifth Queen trilogy (1906–08).

Parade's End was published in four parts between 1924 and 1928. This extraordinary tetralogy centers on Christopher Tietjens, an officer and a gentleman—“the last English Tory”—and follows him from the secure, orderly world of Edwardian England into the chaotic madness of the First World War. Against the backdrop of a world at war, Ford recounts the complex sexual warfare between Tietjens and his faithless wife, Sylvia.

The books:
Some Do Not
No More Parades
A Man Could Stand Up
The Last Post

Notes:
I originally uploaded the first three books as three separate files a couple of months ago. Since then I've obtained a copy of the fourth book, The Last Post, and decided to compile a single ebook containing all four books of this tetralogy. To avoid confusion I deleted the other epub/mobi versions.

Some improvements (hopefully) have been made during the proofing process, including the addition of 'curly' double quotes, ellipses (precomposed glyphs), em-dashes and a TOC. Various typos were corrected along the way.

Update 23 Mar 2014:

I had misplaced the source files for this ebook quite some time ago and was unable to incorporate the corrections given to me by Guildenstern, a fellow mobileread member. As is usual with these things, it was cleverly hidden exactly where I saved it.

This version includes 70+ typographic corrections and sports a new book cover. Due to uncertain copyright I also removed the book covers that were included within the ebook itself.

For the most part the changes are minor but do make for a better reading experience since typos tend to stick out and distract from the flow. My grateful thanks to Guildenstern for his thorough review of the original ebook and for all the suggestions he made!

(Prev DLs: 2543)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Parade's End - Ford Madox Ford.epub (921.1 KB, 1234 views)

Last edited by GeorgeH; 03-27-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Version 2 uploaded
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote