View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelDP View Post
Hi,

So I'm currently doing some tinkering on my kindle voyage but I'd like to back up my partitions and diags to be safe.
I tried searching for a guide but can't find one that explains it well. I've already connected my kindle with a TTL device and connected it to my pc (having a bit issues with the login though as root and the generated password are not working).

Anyone can tell me what to do to get a full backup of it? I'm using putty atm but I do also have a linux pc at the ready in case I need it.

My device is an kindle voyage V5.10.1.1 not jailbroken
1) The generated password (if using the most current generator - KindleTool) does work.
The password generated is for the "Diags" system, password usage for "Main" has been disabled since 5.2.something.
So you have to be running the "Diags" system to get command line access prior to being jail broken.
In general, you have to be jail broken to get the Kindle to boot "Diags".

2) Neither you nor any programming can 'reach' the majority of the OS (either of them) unless the Kindle is jail broken.

3) I do not think there is any software jail break for 5.10.anything.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote