View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran143 View Post
hi, i wanted to change the way caliber stores books on the computer disk...

As far as I know, in the part of "preferences" - "save books to disk" you can change what I am talking about ...
You misunderstand what the Preferences for "Save books to disk" does.
  1. You can't change the way calibre saves the ebook files in its libraries, period.
  2. "Save to disk" is one of two functions that exports ebooks from calibre, the other being "Save Send to device". It has nothing to do with how calibre's library files are structured.

The "Save to disk" preferences, along with the preferences for Plugboards, are there so that you can control how calibre structures the ebooks files that it exports to a folder outside of the calibre library structure.

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-03-2020 at 05:57 PM. Reason: changed to Send to device
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote