View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
The only thing that I can think of is:
  1. Open Tag Browser to determine all the identifiers used
  2. Select one identifier at a time to limit affected books
  3. Highlight all
  4. Edit Metadata in Bulk
  5. Search and Replace Tab
  6. Search Mode: Regex
  7. Search Field: identifiers
  8. Search For: [expression, see below]
  9. Replace With: empty
  10. Verify test area results are correct
  11. Apply
I cannot think of the exact regex you would need. Roughly, it would probably be the identifier's name, a colon and then "all characters, greedy, until the next whitespace/word end". So something like... ID:+.? Or is it ID:.+? Hmm.. think I'm missing the word boundary. Anyway, I'm not sure if the expression is written correctly. But hopefully you've got the idea. I imagine that the colon might need to be escaped.

I would definitely suggest trying this on a sample database. Just to make sure that it doesn't harm anything else. Maybe create a new library and then copy various sample books into it, run the regex and see what happens.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote