View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 12:12 PM   #7
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Oog. I tried converting to epub3, but my Kobo still won't render the text upside down, with or without the fallbacks. But I appreciate the info on hiding the nav file from you both.

Incidentally, I've change the code to

Code:
.anclrg-ud {
  font-family: hv-AncientRunes;
  text-align: center;
  font-size: 150%;
  transform: rotate(180deg);
  -ms-transform: rotate(180deg);
  -webkit-transform: rotate(180deg);
  -o-transform: rotate(180deg);
  -moz-transform: rotate(180deg);
}
since rotating seems a lot simpler/more readable than mirroring it in both dimensions via scale.

As far as I can tell, the only thing I can do is rename it to be a kepub file (using kepubify changes the code, and I don't use Calibre to sync my devices - I strictly sideload manually, for better or worse). It's my one kepub in my ~3500-epub library, which is going to drive me nuts.

So is this my only good option, aside from making the upside-down text an image (I don't want to do this)? I briefly looked into svg images but this seems like a totally different headache.

On a side-note, my kepub file has a much smaller default (per Kobo) font than my epubs. is there a way to synchronize this so I don't have to adjust my device for one book?

Also, I realize a lot of this is just me being cranky about irrelevant issues. I take reat care of my epub library and am very particular when something goes awry,
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote