View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #17
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Okay, I want to bring this up again, since it's about a year that I've had mine. I seem to be getting some degredation in battery life, lately. I have done some fairly large downloads, lately, so there may be indexing stuff going on. Yesterday, though, I was reading most of the day and was down to a quarter by the end of the day. It seems that the battery had been draining faster. Anyone else having this?
Having finally learned how to use the Mobipocket Creator, I've recently finished reformatting most everything I had on my Kindle -- 15 or so pages of books. One day last week I decided to reset the Kindle to see if it would have an effect on one of the books I was reading (chapters didn't begin at the top of a page). After reset, the page turns really slowed down and the battery indicator lost one bar in about 30 minutes and a second one in another 30 minutes. Guess it decided to reindex everything. The next day lost a bar in about an hour and then everything went back to normal.

If I'm reading a lot, and some days I may read 5 or 6 hours, then it loses a bar every other day. This is the same as it has been from the outset. I generally recharge it when it loses the bar, in line with Amazon's recommendations.

Oh, and resetting didn't have any effect on the chapter problem. I had to reformat that book. No idea what that was about.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote