View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #97
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainMike View Post
No. I haven't been reading too many from mobile platforms but I can say I wont change in this subject.
It's simply because my burden from years with computer tech says that physical is better than heap of '1's and '0's. The book is there regardless of bugs or power outages, beautiful in the shelf without discrimination between hard and paperbacks
The major issue I have along these lines is reading on airplanes. The whole turn off portable electronics during takeoff and landing. The takeoff one isn't too bad timewise, but the landing one seems like it takes forever. "We are about to start our descent. Please turn off portable electronics at this time." You can still read a paper book during these times, which is one advantage over ebooks. Hopefully, they will relax that for eink readers at some point.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote