View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
Shirra Whitefur
Shirra Whitefur began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim x30 High
Question Trying to edit titles on LIT files

Greetings!

While I know some people like the lit format.. and a great many more consider it a work of evil, I've had oddly poor luck with other readers on my Axim x30 besides the Ms Reader. So, thusly, most of my plain-text books, as well as purchased pieces, end up in LIT formats. Unfortunately, they also end up a jumbled mess of crap in the Reader's library, making it hard for me to sort things out by series and reading order, since file names have no bearing what-so-ever on it.

Now, I've seen a delightfully large number of tools to convert LIT into less angst-inducing formats, as well as strip DRM's and the like, but I've had no luck coming across something that simply edits the titles and other such info withen a LIT file.
I have to ask, will I be out of luck in an easy way to do this, or will I have to go the hassle-some route of converting out of lit, changing the info, and then back into it, any time I would want to do such an edit?

If the answer is the latter, can anyone recommend a free reader with a good amount of formats it can read, and the ability to keep track of the last page you were reading on in a file even -after- an impromptu soft reset? (I seem plagued by memory mis-management issues on my pocketpc.)

Anyways. Thanks for the time!

- Shirra
Shirra Whitefur is offline   Reply With Quote