View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Well, today I still couldn't download the ADE books to my desktop PC. Meanwhile, I went over to BN to redownload all my purchases there, and couldn't do that, either (I belatedly found the thread here at MR about BN's idiocy). So I ended up pulling out a wonky old laptop I don't use anymore, which still had an old version of Nook on it, and painstakingly downloaded all the BN books--which took forever, because of both BN issues and the wonkiness that had led to that laptop being consigned to the scrap heap. And on that same computer I was also able to download the rest of the Kobo books to the ADE 1.7 installed there--except for the ADE pdf books; they won't redownload at all.

I still have to run everything through Calibre and combine the files on the two computers, see if I can find clean versions of the pdfs, and avoid ever buying from BN again.
I do have nook for PC on my Windows 10 laptop and last time I used it, it did work. I have some credit at B&N from the settlement so I may buy an eBook from B&N to see if it still works. If I can find the installer, would you like yo give it a go?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote