View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #175
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
From a personal POV I have to agree with you but you wouldn't believe how much forum sound & fury has been generated by the fact that 1.0 isn't available on the Kobo line-height slider. Unfortunately Kobo's defaults run from 1.3 to 3.0. 1.3 is rather high for a minimum. As for 3.0, words fail me...

I think we all know that hand-editing every epub is the only guaranteed flawless solution but most people don't want to take the time, which is hardly surprising.
It takes me 2 minutes to fine tune a well crafted EPUB using a set of Saved CSS fragment clips and REGEX to modify or remove, IMHO unnecessary, attribute duplication.

Unfortunately, not all EPUBs are well crafted.
Coding nightmare would be a better description for some, with major stylistic inconsistencies from file to file within the book (and they actually charged money for the mess that was delivered to the customer (me). I have seen beautifully done FREE books. Beautiful in both Look and coding )

Last edited by theducks; 08-03-2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote