View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #54
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm still toying with getting in on the pre-order, but I have my doubts about whether these guys can deliver. Their credentials, to the extent they're available, seem heavier on enthusiasm than experience, and even established companies experience production delays and post-release bugs.

Also, what I would actually use it for is an ereader. I like the idea of having the weather and position sensors and all those radios, not to mention Android apps and all in a rugged package, but my actual daily use for an e-Ink device is reading EPUBs. And obviously, there are cheaper, lighter-weight readers out there.

Still, it's tempting. I'm not averse to spending a little more to future-proof an investment, whether against changing technology or my own changing habits.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote