Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #214
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
This may be an odd request, but.... could you please try this?

- Set the smallest margins possible.
- Set the line height to the smallest settings.
- Set the font size to such a size that the number of characters per line becomes around 67. (Anything in between 60 and 70 would do, but 67 would be the perfect target.)

How many lines are on the page with these settings? I'd also very much like to see a picture.
36 lines at 66 Characters per line (I think, unless I miss counted closest I could get it to 67 per line. Without the large bottom margin you could fit another two lines of text I think at this font size. This is using JSWolf's Charis SIL font. The next size smaller jumps to 74 characters per line and 39 lines to the page.

Quote:
- Does the font weight setting work on custom fonts?
- Does it work on side-loaded epubs?
- Do all functions with regard to reading progress and the chapter graph work, on side-loaded epubs?

I don't mind to convert to kepub to make these things work. Having font weight work on custom fonts would be a very nice bonus, but I can understand that you need some sort of special font format to make that work.

Thanks for anyone who can test this.
font weight does not work on custom fonts
it does work on side-loaded epubs as long as you use one of kobo's fonts
Chapter graph does not work on side loaded books, all you get is percent read for the book as a whole.

Quote:
And lastly.... The book title on the top can be disabled. Can the page number on the bottom also be disabled? It would fit another 2 lines, and I don't really need to see "Page X from Y" all the time.
[/QUOTE]
No way to disable the page number at the bottom that I am aware of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	War of the Worlds v1 with larger font.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	104978  

Last edited by jiminrussell; 04-25-2013 at 10:47 PM.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote