View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

But that's the point!
It might be the point, but it gets tedious anyway. I understand that the pages of planning that go into taking a walk are intended to convey how oppressive the social conventions were, but it's smothering to read. I'm not a detail person and struggle with other authors who saturate their books with descriptions of every little thing. At least in Austen's novels it serves a purpose.

I did like the subtlety of this novel compared to her others, star-crossed lovers are rarely dealt with this respectfully. I was afraid to root for them, since the happy ending wasn't a forgone conclusion.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote