View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #52
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I followed the procedure in this thread with success: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200703 This will certainly void your warantee, and it is possible to end up with an unbootable e-reader and even an unbootable computer if you do it wrong, so be warned.

If you are familliar with Linux the basic procedure is to copy the raw disk image from the original card to the larger card using "dd", then expand the data partition on the larger card with "gparted" to make use of the extra space.
Thanks Geoff - if I go for the mini, I may even find the courage to do it: after all, if you put back the original card in case of problems all should be well, right?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote