View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #80
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
To make the same source work perfectly for both mobi7 and KF8, with the TOC in the same xhtml file, and to work exactly the same on the Previewer and a real KF8 Kindle, was not easy.

Now that I have solved it, and can see no sign that anyone else has managed it, I am happy to share the solution if you tell me the best place to do so. I can't immediately see the Workshop forum you mention?
I remember a discussion about some sort of problem with the Start Point in the MOBI forum. But I can't say I've ever had problems getting it to work on the various devices. I just make sure the correct reference is in the guide section of the OPF.

My TOC is never in the same xhtml file as my start Start Point (if that's what you meant by the above underlined text), so I've probably never been affected by the issue. My html ToC is always its very own file. But yes ... I'm certainly interested in your solution ... it case I am ever affected (or if I can help someone else who might be struggling with it).

This particular thread in the MOBI forum was discussing the issue with regards to the Kindle 4. Not the Fire, but it certainly sounds like the same issue -- works in the Previewer but not on the actual device. Perhaps that would be a good place.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote