View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #11
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I believe you're supposed to have 2 lines in between scenes too for the same reason. Otherwise one minute the reader is on board your spaceship for example and the next thing they're learning that they are on a planet without any warning.
I dunno, I'd rather include some kind of transitional exposition, like "And then they beamed down to the planet..," or just break the chapter right there. Space breaks can be a bit of a headache in works longer than a short story.

It also depends on the POV of choice; in 3rd Limited Shifting you're expected to have a chapter break whenever you change who the narrator's following.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote