View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The original yes/no column implementation that I did (over a year ago) used tri-state check boxes. The normal implementation for the "undetermined" state is to fill the box with grey.

The implementation was changed to what it is today (again, a year ago) because of user feedback. The majority (IIRC, everybody) wanted Check/X/empty, not checked-square, empty-square, grey square.

Note also that the graphics toolkit (Qt) shows all widgets (e.g., the check box) on the library view in display mode. The user must do something to make the widget changeable. Thus that first click/double click/F2/what-have-you to open the widget would still exist. After that, today, you click once anywhere on the box to open it then click on what you want (two clicks, fixed). With a tri-state check box, after you F2 etc, you would need to click it enough times to get through the three states to what you want(one to two clicks, variable).
Truthfully I don't mind very much the way it is at the moment as I only use such a column to mark read once I have finished a book. Now with what theducks said about being able to use y/n to change status it already becomes easier.
Is it possible to set a keyboard short cut to select a custom column for editing so maybe once I select a book I press alt+r and then y to change state of a coulmn.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote