View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, looking at the logs will usually just help you pinpoint which book the indexer is spinning on, but nothing more.

Taking the 'kill it with fire' approach (clearing the index db (/mnt/us/system/...) & the catalog db (/var/local/cc.db) is the usual way to deal with this, when simply swapping/removing books doesn't do the trick. This has come up multiple times in the forum, feel free to launch a search with those keywords.

I'm of the mind that, if it decided to fall on its face, it will fall on its face, no matter what. So, while a different file *might* help, I usually just wipe it and let it rebuild from scratch.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-30-2014 at 11:58 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote