View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
We've had extensive discussions about this in the past, so, no, unlikely to change anytime soon.

This basically boils down to the fact that a page number is the page you're *on*. Meaning it's not counted in a "page left" counter. Which in turns means that "left" means what's off-screen. So, yeah, on the last page, that's 0.

This ties into a myriad of little things everywhere, so it's not something that can (nor should it be, quite frankly) changed lightly.
0 just doesn't work. It doesn't give you the correct number of pages. If the chapter is 12 pages, I get shows 11 pages and that's incorrect. The number of pages should be showing how many pages I have left to read. 1 means I have 1 page left to read. 0 means I have no pages left to read and not 1 page left to read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote