View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
BR,

See the attached. That fixed a Windows 10 BSOD problem I had with the Web Protection shield, but did not fix my Calibre-is-ransomware problem.

I have Windows 10, version 1703.

I fixed this issue the old-fashioned way. I just excluded calibre.exe from Ransomeware quarantines.
I'm still on 1607 - no idea why that should matter. but it looks like it does.

Might be worth contacting MWB, as you've seen they were prompt and refreshingly forthcoming to my problem, and they had a solution on hand.

I won't move to 1703 until at least a month after MS tell the corporate world it's good to go, I regard everything before then as beta testing. That took about 4-5 months for 1511 and 1607 - so I'm planning on August/September.

My days of beta testing OSs are long gone. Time was when the corporate IT departments did all the beta testing of Windows for MS. Outsourcing some of that to the consumer market was a clever move. Cheap too, they do it for free. I had a couple of o/s trips funded by MS regarding beta testing related issues.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-15-2017 at 08:36 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote