View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 12:57 PM   #200
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by celinego View Post
I've just imported an epub into Calibre and sent it directly to my iphone kindle app and my kindle 7 (5th gen). I did go to Preferences/Sharing Books by Email and added EPUB to the two devices I'm sending to.

It worked. They both arrived but they are not properly formatted. There are a lot of symbols spread throughout the whole book. I then went back and converted the epub file to mobi. Then imported the mobi file and converted it back to epub and re-sent the second epub file. That worked and corrected the formatting too. No more symbols.

Is there an alternative way of correcting the formatting errors on the first epub file before sending so that they do arrive on the kindle without them? Or do you think Amazon will include any format corrections as part of the Send To Kindle process when it reaches the kindle or kindle app, without having to firstly do so in Calibre? Many thanks for any help.
Try this simpler process:
- import epub to Calibre
- use the Modify ePub plugin to "Encode HTML in UTF-8"
- send email to one Kindle or app
- use the download option on the second Kindle or app to download the file

This saves you from double-converting, and also allows you to use whispersync since you only have one copy of the file in your Amazon library. If you do want to keep separate bookmarks on the two devices, then you would continue to email to them separately.
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote