Thread: Oasis 2 Battery
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #25
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by azayn View Post
The problem is the Oasis battery life differs from what Amazon advertises. Amazon claims the battery life on all their Kindles is the same; a single charge is supposed to last for weeks despite the fact that their devices have different size batteries. There's no way the Oasis with its 1000 mAh battery lasts as long as a Paperwhite which has a larger 1500 mAh battery.

Again not a deal breaker for me because I otherwise like the Oasis but people should be aware they're not getting the promised battery life.
The promised battery life for the Oasis 2 is reading at light level 10 or less for 30 mins. a day. It's not how everyone reads of course it's just what they found to use the least amount of power so they set that standard as advertised. IF you read above the recommended 10 then the battery will drain faster. It does vary some may get better results and some much worse. I charge mine every 4 days but I don't let it drop to 0. I'll charge around 30% or so. I read between 11 and 15 light level mostly. I still like the Oasis 2 otherwise.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote